10 August 2011

i have a wurm

I up and finished my wurm yesterday. Woohoo! I was so excited. I used Knit by Numbers 100% Merino Double Knit in charcoal to make mine. Even though the pattern said I would need about 320m, thus me buying two skeins, I only used one skein. I like the fat head band and springy drap of the rest with the scrunchy end to it all. Funky. I love it. And it suits me fine. Only as I said in my last post, I did kinda wish I'd done a colour like I had originally planned. I like the charcoal. I quite like greys at the moment. And it's a very versatile colour. But I did decide to add a splash of colour to give it some "me" style.
I crocheted the uneven star last night, figuring it out as I went and left it blocking overnight. This morning I sewed the star onto the beanie at first but it didn't sit right so I took it off. Now it's on a broche pin. It sits better and is removeable. I might just make a snowflake too sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It looks fab on you. The star is a great finishing touch, and making it a pin means you can change it whenever you like. Almost like a new hat each time!