I had hoped to find a cute but somewhat matching fabric for this project. However, since I leave the country in less than two weeks I decided to make do with something I had in stock. Using a bit of a vague idea in my head and a bit more thought than my last project, I got to work cutting, ironing and sewing. I had already planned to add a phone pocket on the strap coz there's not one inside and it makes for easier access. The first one I made and sewed on was actually too small to fit my current phone so I unpicked it and used a different method and added more space to it. Then I remembered I wanted it lower. So I unpicked again and resewed it in the right place. Finally I cut the strap and sewed this piece in.
I made it longer than I needed so I had a bit of room to adjust it. Now I can make it sit at a happier more comfortable height. The second phone pocket worked much better this time too. It snuggly fits my phone and will hopefully fit the one I'll be using in the UK without it falling out. Now my bag is ready for it's UK adventure too.