22 May 2009

the lone tulip

I painted this picture last year when money was really tight. It was an engagement present for some friends and I had everything I needed to do it already. Just had to put in the work. I chose this picture because I found it quite striking. I love the bright yellow flower against the dark grey sky--like the hope of a little sunshine. Like finding joy and reason to celebrate even in the darkest of times.
I painted it with acrylic paint and persisted until I was satisfied. I then set to work knocking together a frame. I'm not an expert at putting timber together but I know a bit to do alright. Using scraps of wood I chose to staple them together and stain them to be a suitable frame. So the painting, bordered with photoboard and wooden frame, turned out quite well in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment