21 November 2008

water for the capsicum


When I was in the USA last year, I took a class in watercolour painting just for fun. This was a project I did from a live capsicum (or bell peppers as they are called over there). Watercolour is tricky to use. It has a little more wildness than acrylic paint--not so easy to control. There's definitely technique to it. My attempt isn't too bad. It's fun to try something different. This class was my first experience with real watercolour painting. That is, other than the cheap tray of hard circles of watercolour paint I played around with when I was a kid. Have to try it again some day.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the comment on my blog!! Just here to answer your Q about the photoshopping... I'm photoshop illiterate, but I do use Picnik.com to do some post editing. That's where I did my edits on the photo you asked about! I also use Picasa3 a lot.

    ReplyDelete